Established by House for an Art Lover within the former stables and dovecote building, our Heritage Centre is an educational facility showcasing the rich and diverse history of Bellahouston and the surrounding area.
In our Heritage Centre you can:
• Explore the history of Govan, from its early days right through to the expansion of industry and glory days of shipbuilding
• Enjoy a fascinating documentary exhibition presenting the diverse range of architecture, public art and sculpture in the local area.
• Learn about the British Empire Exhibition of 1938 in a dedicated showcase, featuring an animated “fly-through” designed by Glasgow School of Art’s digital design studios.
• Research and discover at our archive rooms, containing a range of original and facsimile artefacts and publications relating to all our displays and archives.*
House for an Art Lover has been generously awarded funding to deliver a new heritage programme that will provide participants with a greater insight to the rich cultural heritage of Bellahouston, Govan and the surrounding areas.
As part of this programme we will deliver:
• Free talks exploring local heritage
• Free Schools workshops (more information here)
• Free childrens workshops
• Community projects
• Oral Histories
Oral History Project
We are keen to hear from anyone who remembers the 1938 Empire Exhibition and would like to be involved in our Oral History Project.
or call: 0141 427 9557
This programme has been generously supported by: