Arts and Heritage Officer
House for an Art Lover and ART PARK Glasgow is a cultural public space with a Visitor Centre, Gallery, Heritage Centre, Artist Studios and Workshops in Bellahouston Park.
The Arts and Heritage Officer will be responsible for developing and building on our existing Arts and Heritage activity within House for an Art Lover and ARTPark. This will include exhibitions, education programme, arts and heritage projects; which in turn will promote Art, Architecture, Design and Heritage to a wider audience.
The role includes:
- Planning and the coordination of all arts exhibitions in the Studio Pavilion, ARTPark, Art Lovers Cafe Gallery and other areas identified by the House.
- Attend formal & informal meetings with the Arts Development Committee, which will involve minute taking and circulation as and when required.
- Provide updates and market intelligence relating to the arts.
- Planning and implementation of Art Classes for adults and children, including schools programme.
- Develop partnerships with external organisations to aid in the development of collaborative projects.
- To maintain a database of artists/tutors/students and other project partners.
- You will be responsible for control of budgets, record keeping, figure reporting.
- Managing a small team of staff, freelance artists and volunteers.
- Responsible for recruitment, induction and deployment of all artists/art tutors.
- Ensure all the arts related activities abide by health and safety regulations and child protection policies.
- To oversee and manage the Heritage Centre and related programme.
- Assist with the research and identification of funding opportunities to aid the achievement of our strategic plan.
- Represent House for an Art Lover as appropriate on local, regional and national forums.
- An understanding of the creative and cultural sector in Scotland.
- Experience of working with artists and heritage.
- Experience of project management within a cultural organisation.
- Experience of identifying and applying for funding opportunities.
- Experience of managing multiple budgets simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
Full Time Permanent Position
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS – 1st July 2017
** PLEASE NOTE ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED **